Strengthening Tech Talent
Our region’s largest economic opportunity
Developing and employing the workers who are skilled in digital technology in its various forms is the region’s largest economic opportunity. Together with employers, educators, government and other stakeholders, the Greater Washington Partnership aims to advance policies and initiatives that will accelerate the development, attraction and retention of digital tech talent.
- Scale best practices to grow the pipeline of STEM talent in high school and subsequent enrollment in postsecondary education.
- Clarify employer demand signals to motivate educators and job seekers.
- Create experiential learning programs to allow graduates to obtain practical skill development prior to joining the workforce.
- Define and communicate a unified regional message that conveys our digital tech leadership.
- Develop a focused approach to create a digital tech product ecosystem in the Capital Region by supporting product startups and talent.